[Bristol-Birds] sightings and an invitation

  • From: Dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:57:16 EST

Hey bristolbirders and butternuts,
     Best bird find of my day Saturday was a pond at the intersection of
Hairetown Rd. and Pleasant Valley Rd. in Washington Co, TN.  It held 24
Gadwall, 2
Northern Shovelers, and a Blue-winged Teal.  Also on Corby Bridge Rd. near
Keebler Rd. in the pond behind the missing house were 6 more Blue-winged Teal.
Turtles were also basking in numbers today.
     I saw toothworts, bloodroot and rue anemone blooming in several places
today.  Also spicebush.  A flowering plum in a neighbor's yard was full of
bees, plus a few Eastern Commas and Question Marks.  Whites and yellows are out
and about.  I looked for Henry's Elfin, but no luck.  The redbud flowerbuds are
still pretty tight.
     Depending on the weather, I might go to Weavers Bend in Cocke Co. Sunday
Morning to look for early flowers, birds, and butterflies, before I go to
Greeneville to meet up with the Greenevillle Bird Club for lunch and a field
trip
to western Greene Co.  Anybody interested in joining me can call my cell
phone 423 914-5862 anytime tonight or in the morning.  I'll probably try to
leave
the house around 8 am.  That should give me a couple of hours to look around
at Weavers Bend.

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN