[Bristol-Birds] Re: screech owls

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cfm46@xxxxxxxxxx>, BRISTOL BIRDS <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:46:17 -0400

I have had a hard time getting screech-owls all year. I had my first absolute
zero owl owl prowl at Steele Creek Park a few months ago. I also had a total
bust on an owl prowl at Winged Deer Park not too long ago. Normally I can go
into the woods day or night and call up several. Not anymore. I would like to
hear if other birders are having similar experiences.

Larry McDaniel

Johnson City, TN
> From: cfm46@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Bristol-Birds] screech owls
> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:45:39 -0500
> I second Wallace Coffee's noting of fewer calling screech
> owls. I've had several during many summers but this year,
> the crop has dried up. I think I've had screech call twice
> this summer. I have no clue to changes in the neighborhood
> that might cause this. Or, maybe I'm just sleeping to
> heavily. But, the nights have been much quieter than in
> previous summers.
> Maybe it's just not me, after all.
> Charles Moore
> Johnson City
> Bristol Bird Club to facilitate communications
> between birders and bird clubs of Southwest Virginia
> and Northeast Tennessee.
> Wallace Coffey, Moderator
> wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> (423)764-****

Get free photo software from Windows Live