[Bristol-Birds]

  • From: Lois Cox <lacox@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 13:57:49 -0400

Below is the report from John Moyle on the trip Saturday to The Breaks
Interstate Park. He sent it to me on Saturday after the trip but I am just
sending it on. Sorry.
Lois Cox

Hello birders! Today we had a great group of birders at Breaks Interstate Park
including Jesse Mason, Jennifer Quinn, Lois Cox, Wilma Boy, Dick and Judy
Moose, John Hay, John Whinery and (yours truly) John Moyle but the birds were
not as visible and abundant as usual! The day was sunny and quite warm and we
saw or heard 39 species as follows: Rock Dove, Black-throated Green Warbler,
Turkey Vulture (13), Black and White Warbler, Ovenbird, Wood Thrush,
Red-bellied Woodpecker, Pileated Woodpecker, Scarlet Tanager, Rose-breasted
Grosbeak, American Crow, American Robin, Blue Jay, Blue-headed Vireo,
Great-crested Flycatcher, White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-eyed Vireo, Eastern Wood
Pewee, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Brown Thrasher, Worm-eating Warbler, Ruby-throated
Hummingbird, Eastern Towhee, Red-winged Blackbird, Cedar Waxwing,
BrownThrasher, Pine Warbler, Solitary Vireo, Blackburnian Warbler, Indigo
Bunting, Yellow-throated Warbler, Yellow-throated Vireo, Northern Cardinal
(12), Gray Catbird, Tree Swallow, Song Sparrow, Brown-headed Cowbird, Ringed
Turtle-Dove and European Starling (2). 39 species. Though we saw a good
variety, the number of each species was very low! John Moyle