[Bristol-Birds] Yard and feeder birds

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:09:49 -0700

Hi--
     We moved to Johnson City from Oshkosh, WI at the end of September.  I'm
enjoying birds at my feeders that we never (Carolina Chickadee) or almost never
(Tufted Titmouse) had in the Oshkosh area and birds in my yard (Mockingbird and
Carolina Wren) that we almost never had in the Oshkosh area.
     Last Thursday I had an Ovenbird working my Hemlock hedge and hopping
around my driveway.  Several times since, I have had an Eastern Towhee in the
Holly hedge and on the driveway.  These are birds we had in the Oshkosh area,
but I never had them in my yard there.  Today, I had a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
in the yard.  In Wisconsin, they nested north of us and migrated through.  Do
they winter in Washington County?
To me, Tennessee birding looks very good so far.
    I have attended the Bristol Bird Club meeting last night--thanks to all of
you for your friendliness.  I hope to get to know more of you better as we have
opportunities to bird in the future.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City, Washington County