[Bristol-Birds] Wild Turkey poult standing in the rain

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:14:05 -0400

Cedar Creek
Bellebrook Est.
in the heart of
south Bristol, TN
Sullivan Co.

At 2 p.m. today we left in a light rain for Carolyn's dental appointment.
Just at the top of our driveway, standing in the rain, soaked to its
last feather, was a very large Wild Turkey poult.  It was standing with
eyes nearly closed.  I drove my car in its direction to get to the top
of the driveway and passed within two feet.  It did not move.

The rain stopped in a few minutes and a hot summer sun took over
for the day.  But we were long gone and in a dentist's chair.

Arrived home at 4:30 p.m. and the poult was not there.  I searched
about the nearby wooded and brushy area and found neither hide
no feather.

We have had a nice flock here for at least 10 years.

Let's go birding . . . .