[Bristol-Birds] Walmart birds, Greene Co

  • From: Dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:53:55 -0400

Mon 26 APR 2004
Walmart Distribution Center, Greene Co., TN
D. Holt

I went to see the American Bittern in the afternoon while it was raining, but
the rain cleared up.  I found the following:

American Bittern - 1
Green Heron - 1
Blue-winged Teal - 3
Cooper's Hawk - 1
Northern Bobwhite - 2 heard
American Coot - 3
Sora - 2 heard
Kildeer - several including young
Dunlin - 1 standing in parking lot when I arrived
Solitary Sandpiper - 3
Wilson's Snipe - 2
Greater Yellowlegs - 2
Forster's Tern - 4 sitting on light poles and feeding at fourth pond
Barn, Tree, and Northern Rough-winged Swallows
Common Yellowthroat - several
Savannah Sparrow - 1, maybe 3
Red-winged Blackbird - ubiquitous

In the middle of my quest, Larry McDaniel called me on my cell phone to see if
I wanted to come to see the Willets he was at that moment watching at Austin
Springs.  It was too far away for what was left of the day, but over the phone
I heard the Willets calling in the background.  Does AOU have a rule about
whether or not I can count them on my year list :-?

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN