[Bristol-Birds] Vistors from Natural History Museum of Los Angeles

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:57:30 -0400

I was afield most of today leading a group for Advanture Damascus Tours in
Shady Valley.  It was a diverse group with seven from Pennsylvania, one from
Vermont, two from Texas and two from California.  Of particular interest were
the two California folks who work with the ornithological collection of the
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.  They have one of the largest
collections of birds in North America.  It is the largest natural and
historical museum in the Western United States, safe guarding more than 33
million specimens and artifacts. It was neat knowing that they were enjoying
one of Tennessee's most special ecological areas.  Tom Horsch and I are in our
fifth year of tours, many of which have been in partnership with The Nature
Conservancy.

Let's go birding......

Wallace Coffey
Bristol