[Bristol-Birds] Terns, shorebirds, Sullivan Co., TN

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:02:41 EDT

Reece Jamerson and Bryan Stevens visited Musick's Campground on South Holston
Lake in Sullivan County on Tuesday, Aug. 29, about 3 p.m. We observed a
Sanderling (reported earlier by Allen Trently), Least Sandpiper, a peep that
got
away before we could ID, Green Heron, 2 Great Blue Herons and a Killdeer.

From atop Holston Dam, we watched as people on personal skicraft stirred up
some terns. The birds eventually settled back onto the lake. We saw at least
eight Black Terns and 3 Caspian Terns.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN