[Bristol-Birds] Teal, Sora, Common Raven, etc. (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: "Donald Miller" <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:55:26 -0400

August 31, 2007

Greene County-- Wal-Mart Distribution Center (WMDC) and nearby areas

About an hour and a half this morning produced the following:

Wood Duck (3, WMDC)
Blue-winged Teal (7, WMDC)
Green-winged Teal (2, WMDC)

Great Egret (3, WMDC)

Sora (adult , WMDC, third pond)

Solitary Sandpiper (Hwy. 11-E in Mosheim)
Spotted Sandpiper (Baughard Hill Rd.)
Least Sandpiper (WMDC)

Eurasian Collared-Dove (2, adjacent to West Greene High School)

White-eyed Vireo (juvenile, WMDC)

Common Raven (2, Hwy. 11-E in Mosheim between Lancer Ln. and Bramble Rd.) [An
unusual low elevation sighting.  I suspect that these birds cruised in from the
Summers-Taylor quarry located less than five miles away on Hwy. 70.  I have
seen CORA at or near the quarry sporadically for several years, mostly in
winter.]

Tree Swallow (44)
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Barn Swallow (5)