[Bristol-Birds] TOS / VSO meeting features Buteo Books & ABA Sales

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:22:19 -0400

The Bristol Bird Club is excited to offer you the best access to bird books,
nature books and all related items you have experienced in a lifetime when you
attend the TOS / VSO 2012 Joint Spring meeting May 18-19-20 at the Holiday Inn
Convention Center in Johnson City, TN.  This is reason enough to attend the
meeting, if not for any other.

We have reached an amazing agreement with Buteo Books & ABA Sales where they
have agreed to bring, for us, a copy of any book or items you wish to touch,
hold, thumb thru a few page or two.  All you need to do to get your hand on
that ever-loving book you have heard about but never seen is to call their
office or warehouse to request the book or software, audio, CD, DVD, etc.
Simply tell them the title you wish for them to bring and give them your name.
There is 100% no obligation on your part.  You pay no fee.  You make no
excuses.  You give no explanation.  If you wish to purchase that copy it is
yours.  If not, they will politely and gladly allow anyone else to buy it.
However, it will arrive with your name on it and be held for you with no
obligation.

Go to their website http://www.buteobooks.com/CTLS.html and prowl the thousands
of titles. Then call them:
Toll-free: 800-722-2460  They will set your book aside, reserved in your name,
and bring it to Johnson City.  Do this now but no later than  May 11th -- that
is a deadline for requests.

They also offer a wide range of computer software, DVDs, CDS, bird song
recordings and other audio, video and software. They will have some items with
them but you should call and reserve a special delivery of any you would like
to hold up close.

They also have books in foreign languages as well as children's books for birds
and birding.

Buteo Books & ABA Sales take Master and Visa in case you cannot save up enough
lunch money.

Such a joint meeting will bring out the best of birders from the mighty
Mississippi River to our Nation's Capitol, and has allowed us to bring in the
world famous Buteo Books & ABA Sales as our featured vendor.  Actually, we
didn't think they would come when we took a stab in the dark.  They accepted
our invitation with excitement.   Their booth will include a truckload of the
most amazing bird and birding books and items beyond anything you can imagine.

Today Buteo Books stocks the largest selection of new, used, and antiquarian
bird books in the world. Every in-print book they offer is currently listed on
their website, and new ones are being added every day.

Their range of titles include items from just a dollar or two up to and
including Audubon's Birds of America, First Royal Octavo Edition, by John James
Audubon.  They have it in stock and this leather-bound edition, published in
1844, is priced at $65,000.  That alone will show you their range.  Of course
this rare antiquarian book will not be available at the TOS / VSO Joint Meeting
in Johnson City.
If you just must have it, they will make an arrangement to sell you the book
very quickly.

However, they will have a few books on sale for a special bargain offering at
our TOS / VSO meeting and at special low prices you won't find anywhere else.
They will also have a book or two priced in the $500 range for those who want
to hold and see a true and rare antiquarian bird book.

For you women birders or for a girlfriend, sister or mother, they are bringing
the famous
shoulder bags from the Women of the Cloud Forest, which is a Fair Trade project
started in 2001 to offer economic opportunities for women and their families in
the mountains of Monteverde, Costa Rica. From Ivory-billed Woodpeckers and
Quetzals to butterflies, frogs, and insects, each bag is hand-embroidered with
a color image of a North or Central American species. Sized to carry even the
largest field guides, these machine-washable shoulder bags are priced at $20
each. A wide variety of designs are available.  The very popular should bags
have become the rage and must-have in birding circles.

In 2009, Buteo Books became the outlet for ABA Sales, the publishing and
bookselling arm of the American Birding Association.
        a.. Several years ago they purchased the extant inventory of the
publications of the American Museum of Natural History through 1959: Memoirs,
Bulletins, and American Museum Novitates.  Additionally, publications in
ornithology for subsequent years are available.
        b.. Buteo Books is the authorized agent for back issues of publications
of the American Ornithologists' Union including the AOU Check-list and
Ornithological Monographs through 2007.
        c.. Buteo Books now owns the complete stock of single species accounts
in the Birds of North America series, and a few complete sets are still
available.
        d.. As of June 1, 2009, Buteo Books became the new outlet for ABA
Sales, the publishing and bookselling arm of the American Birding Association.
They believe that this partnership between the non-profit association catering
to recreational birders and the largest seller of new, used, and out-of-print
ornithology books in the world is beneficial for everyone.

                                      We're looking forward to seeing you May
18-19-20,
                                              TOS / VSO Joint Spring Meeting
                                                    Johnson City, TN