[Bristol-Birds] Strange Bird Activity?

  • From: "Perkins" <perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:29:33 -0500

Area Birders,

Last night at the VA High-Grundy game, I heard what I thought was a Killdeer.
But I paid no attention to it and got suited up for the game. But on the way
back in from our pre-game warmup, I saw a flock of 10-15 of them. Killdeer.
Keep in mind that this is at about 7 p.m., well after dark. I thought this was
very strange.

Also, on the way home from football practice last week I saw a robin sitting on
the guardrail at the Grundy YMCA . It confused me. Why would a robin be out
that late after dark? Can anyone help me?

Oh yeah, one more thing. Last Thusday (at football Practice again) I saw two
birds that were about the size of a dove or something similar. The way the sun
shone on them they looked yellow. The closest thing I can think of is a
meadowlark. Can anyone help me?

Todd Perkins

Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Chapter, Blue Ridge
and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958