[Bristol-Birds] Ross's and Greater White-fronted Gese in CBC!

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 22:25:57 EST

2 JAN 06
Rack Cross
Blountville, TN
.
Tonight at the BBC CBC Compilation I reported that our CBC party, Carol
Cross, Dr. Diane Draper, and me, observed a Ross's Goose and six Greater
White-fronted at Clear Creek Lake on 1 JAN 06. This marks the first appearance
of Ross's
Goose and Greater White -fronted Geese on the Bristol Bird Count. The Wallace
Coffey party, Andy Jones, Dr. John Moyle, and Charlie Parker, also observed
the rare geese in the scramble portion of our count.
.
Rare bird documentation on both species have been submitted to our count
compiler Richard Lewis.
.
'Til we bird again
.