[Bristol-Birds] Roseate Spoonbill - Hawkins County - NO LUCK

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:43:41 -0400

I made a short visit to Phipps Bend this afternoon (Aug 23) around 2:00 pm
to look for the immature Roseate Spoonbill which has been seen there. I was
only there for maybe an hour, but was not able to locate the bird on either
the large or small ponds along the wildlife/horse trail. Still many Great
Egrets and a few Little Blue Herons present. Didn't see any Cattle Egrets.
Also had six Wood Ducks.

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee

--