[Bristol-Birds] Recording equipment

  • From: Jacob Job <zjrj5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:11:48 -0800 (PST)

I am looking to purchase some recording equipment to build my own database of
bird song and especially call notes of certain groups of birds.  However, I am
new to the recording world and I am not familiar with what equipment is good
and of course, needed.  Also, being a college student, I am lacking that one
important thing, funding.  However, I am working and am able to spend somewhat.
 If anyone can inform me as to what equipment I need, ie. microphones,
recorders, etc., I would appreciate it.  Also, if you know of anyone selling
instruments, please let me know.

  Jacob Job
  Johnson City, TN
  ETSU