[Bristol-Birds] Recent Owly Evening

28 JUL 03
Winged Deer Park, Johnson City, TN
V. A. Hospital, Johnson City, TN
Rack Cross
Sammy Cross
Larry McDaniel
Around 7:30 PM Sammy and I whistled up a return call from an Eastern Screech
Owl located in the vicinity of the Winged Deer Park Disc Golf Course near the
parking area. From there we proceeded to meet Larry McDaniel and headed for
the Theater Building (G?) on the Veteran's Administration Hospital Campus.
After
a short walk around the perimeter of the building Larry stated "There's one."
Sammy then said, "Really!?", and enjoyed a great look at life bird - the Barn
Owl. Our group eventually tallied three Barn Owls roosting in the rafters
along the exterior of the theater.
From there we went to Carter Co. where we unsuccessfully listened for
Chuck-will's-widows.

'Til we bird again