[Bristol-Birds] Pine Warbler, American Woodcock (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: Don Miller <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Butternuts <butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN-Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:31:38 -0500

February 12, 2005

I found two singing male Pine Warblers this morning at Kinser Park in
Greene County.  This seems to be earlier than they usually appear at
this regular nesting site.  However, in recent years I have had a number
of December records and one January record from Kinser Park, so I have
wondered if perhaps some birds overwinter there, or at least hang on
until well into the winter season.

I also observed an American Woodcock at the intersection of Holly Creek
Road and Brown's Bridge Road in Greene County this evening and found one
there yesterday (February 11) as well.  This is the same site where
three birds were present on February 8.

Don Miller
Greeneville, TN