[Bristol-Birds] Peregrin Falcon

  • From: "geller70@xxxxxxxxxxx" <geller70@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 22:24:43 GMT

While driving home from Kingsport on highway 93 this afternoon (Sat Mar 8)
during one of the days snow flurries, I witnessed a Peregrin Falcon chasing a
Kestrel.  The chase as I watched was not successful for the Peregrin as the
Kestrel with a lot of very low elevation (just off ground level) did manage to
elude the falcon.
This stretch of road has open fields on both sides of the road between the
soccer fields and the Washington Co. line.
This is the 3rd or 4th time I have seen these same two species in an airplane
like dog fight in my birding career and I have always wondered if the falcon
was after food or just having a good time harrassing another fast flyer ???
Glen Eller
Fall Branch

Discount Online Trading - Click Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4tFWsG1r9AfIGRVIP90IHF3xqknWlpBRdfdK3uU5c0dPOsM6/