[Bristol-Birds] Perched swallow-tailed kite photo

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:38:13 -0700 (PDT)

Don Holt and I observed the 2 swallow-tailed kites perch in trees several times
as they were working the fields long the river at Enon Church Rd in
Jonesborough, TN yesterday (8/19/07) morning.  Photo attached.

  I was on my way to Charleston, SC on Friday (to try to see swallow-tailed
kites among other things) when Don Holt called me about the kites in
Jonesborough and I was conflicted about whether to continue or turn back.  I
decided to continue to Charleston for a trip to Kiawah Island with folks from
the Cape Romain Bird Observatory and return in time to try to see the kites
Sunday morning (if they were still there).  Luckily, I was not disappointed.
Thanks to Don Holt and Don Miller for the great tip.

  David Kirschke
  Johnson City, TN

image/pjpeg