[Bristol-Birds] Nightjar Picture ID help

  • From: Robert Biller <merlin42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 23:13:50 -0400

Hello Tennessee and Bristol Area Birders,

Tom McNeil, JT McNeil, and myself (Rob Biller) birded in our neighboring state
of North Carolina today.  We ran across a nightjar sitting a tree at Valle
Crucis Community Park in Watagua County, NC.  The only other nightjar I have
tried to identify in the day, until today, was a Common Nighthawk in Panama
City, FL.  Any help confirming this ID
as a Chuck-will's-widow (which we believe it is) would be appreciated.
Likewise, any comments on why it is not would be equally appreciated.  The
pictures are linked to my gallery page where you can click on the pictures and
get better looks.   Since this is not a Tennessee bird, I don't  think that
Tennessee Birds or Bristol Birds would be an appropriate place for bunch of
chief).  So anybody who would like to  help with the ID may leave a comment at
my sorely out-dated bird journal or at the gallery site.  Thank you for any
help with this ID.

Here is the link:

http://technobohemia.com/technoblog/etnbirdjournal.php

Rob Biller