[Bristol-Birds] Natural Tunnel State Park Fall Birding Weekend

  • From: Bill Grigsby <wgrigs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds List <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:06:47 -0400

A busy weekend coming up, BBC field trip to Rankin Bottoms and Douglas Lake, Roan Mountain Fall Rally, and the Natural Tunnel State Park Fall Birding Weekend.

The bird walks at Natural Tunnel will start at the Cove Ridge Center at 9:30 AM and 6:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday. We have several club members who are going to be there to lead the walks. If you can participate send me a note or give me a call at 247-7980, A/C 423. We do have accommodations at their Stock Creek Interpretive Center which is about 1/2 mile past the ranger station on VA 871. We have been having reports from around the area of fall migrants so we should have some good birds.

Bill Grigsby
Kingsport, TN