[Bristol-Birds] More Migrating Species

  • From: "Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:16:00 -0400

Area Birders,
The migration here on Compton Mt seemed to have slowed a bit since Katrina
passed through, but yesterday and today it has started to pick up again.

Yesterday I had my first of the season MAGNOLIA WARBLER , and the first
ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK (female). Today I saw the first NASHVILLE WARBLER (male)
of the season. Other interesting species were AMERICAN REDSTART,  BLACKBURNIAN
WARBLER,  BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER,  BLACK-THROATED GREEN,  CHESTNUT-SIDED
WARBLER (1st yr female),  OVENBIRD,  TENNESSEE WARBLER,  YELLOW WARBLER,
YELLOW THROATED WARBLER,  WORM-EATING WARBLER,  RED-EYED VIREO,  WHITE-EYED
VIREO, YELLOW-THROATED VIREO, many SCARLET TANAGERS, GRAY CATBIRD, NORTHERN
FLICKER,  BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER, BROWN THRASHER, a large flock of CEDAR
WAXWINGS, a BROAD-WINGED HAWK and a PILEATED WOODPECKER.

Enjoy the birds,

Roger Mayhorn
Compton Mt (near Grundy)
Buchanan County VA