[Bristol-Birds] Loons, cormorants, gulls, egrets, mergansers

  • From: Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:42:29 -0300

As I watch the message traffic on birding listservers over many surrounding
states it appears there is a widespread migration of loons, cormorants,
gulls, mergansers and egrets during the last few days.  This is not
unexpected but we are seeing a good flight.  Many Bonaparte's Gulls are
being seen in good numbers.  We are getting our fair share.

Purple Finches are everwhere and some feeders are covered with them.  More
are arriving at still other feeders where they had not earlier been.
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are appearing at some feeders south of us.

Many species are moving early and some Ruby-throated Hummingbirds are well
north of us.

Let's go birding....