[Bristol-Birds] Kingston Yields Life Bird

Hello Bristol Birders

While traveling today, 6 NOV 02, I made a quick stop at the steam plant =
in Kingston, TN and moments later found myself checking off a lifer when =
four BROWN-HEADED NUTHATCHES were ID'd as they motored about a tall pine =
by the boat ramp area. This was my first visit to the much tauted TVA =
facility. It probably will not be the last as I am being very nice to my =
wife while Christmas nears -  I have told her I was merely scouting  =
life birds for her!=20
These were very easy birds to see, had the weather been bad I feel they =
would have been visable from the vehicle. Once in the facility follow =
the fishing/recreation area signs and when they split follow the =
recreation area arrow to the right a very short distance to a =
cul-de-sac. The closest trees to this parking area is where I found the =
birds. Thanks Bristol Birders who traveled to the TOS meeting and =
scouted these birds out for me!

Rack Cross
Blountville, TN=20

Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Greeneville TOS
Chapter, Blue Ridge Birders Club, Butternut Nature
Club, Buchanan County Bird Club, Bristol Bird Club,
Clinch Valley Bird Club and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958