[Bristol-Birds] Hidden Valley Lake and South Holston Dam

  • From: "Ron/Gail Williams" <leelaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 15:53:49 -0400

Went kayaking at Hidden Valley Lake with my granddaughter Elizabeth Mumpower.
Saw a Bald Eagle flying around and sitting in the trees near the water’s edge.
Only saw one. Also saw an Eared Grebe close to our kayaks. On dam side of lake,
saw a meadowlark. Seemed like a funny place for one but that is what it was.
Looking around the woods half way up the dam on the left side where the picnic
benches are we entered the woods and saw a hermit thrush clearly. He watched us
for a while, then went deeper as we got closer.