[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Meeting Tuesday, March 6

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 22:45:03 -0500

The next REGULAR MEETING of the Herndon Bird Club will be Tuesday, March 6, at
7:00 p.m. in the Science Building (first room on the right just inside the main
entrance) at Milligan College in Elizabethton.  The agenda includes additional
planning for a field trip in March and discussion of the Banquet to be held
Friday, March 23 at the Tipton-Haynes Historical Site in south Johnson City.
More information on the banquet will follow shortly after the meeting.

At the Tuesday meeting, the program presentation will be given by Dr. David
Kirschke, area birder and photographer who has birded in many areas of North
America and on several other continents.

Dr. Kirschke's presentation title is   "Notes from the Veld: Off the Beaten
Path in South Africa."

David describes his presentation as follows: "I will discuss birding in Free
State, South Africa's seldom visited interior high plains, during a month I
spent assisting the CDC with public health surveillance during the 2010 FIFA
World Cup (soccer).  I had the nice experience of being adopted by the local
bird club and guided to some excellent birding spots, most of which are not on
the itineraries of birding tours there."

Prior to the meeting, some members will meet at Bellacino's Italian Restaurant
on South Roan St. (Food City Parking Lot) in Johnson City around 5:30 p.m. to
eat and socialize before the meeting.  All are invited and welcome to the
meeting and to Bellacino's.

Roy Knispel, Pres
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802