[Bristol-Birds] Herndon Bird Club Kingsport Field Trip Saturday, March 10

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 21:02:40 -0500

The Herndon Bird Club will have an afternoon/evening field trip this Saturday,
March 10.  We will bird the Kingsport area of the South Holston River, have
dinner at the Riverfront Restaurant on Netherland Inn Rd. in Kingsport, and go
to the Cattails Golf Course behind the Meadowview Inn in Kingsport at dusk to
listen for Woodcock and watch for their aerial displays.  Besides Woodcock,
target birds include waterfowl, herons, new arrivals, and whatever we can find.

Meet in the AFTERNOON at the parking lot of the Ft. Patrick Henry Dam at 2 p.m.
to begin the trip.

There will be some walking along the trail below the Ft. Patrick Henry Dam and
in the area of the junction of the North and South Holston Rivers, but most
birding will consist of driving from one stop to another and observing at each
stop.

If you have questions, please feel free to call me or send email.

Roy Knispel, Pres.
Lee & Lois Herndon Chapter, TOS
Phone:  423-202-7802
Cell:     920-203-0332