[Bristol-Birds] Golden Eagle, Broad-Wing Hawk, and other raptors in Russell Co....

  • From: "Richard Kretz" <kretz9446@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:42:52 -0500

Birding in Elk Garden and Clifton was fantastic today... Among the 50 plus
species I found today, was able to get some terrific photos of a 1st/2nd year
Golden Eagle that unexpectedly came up out of a field and flew into a nearby
tree - totally awesome, a Broad-Winged Hawk found along Route 80 going into
Honaker before the Clifton Farm Rd. turn-off, a Kestrel, and a Pileated
Woodpecker... Also saw several Red-Tails, a Sharpie, and a juvenile Cooper's...
These photos and others can be viewed on my website at:
http://www.pbase.com/rkretz/recent_photos.
Enjoy the birds...
Richard Kretz
Elk Garden, Russell Co., VA