[Bristol-Birds] Fw: juvenile Roseate Spoonbill in Hawkins County

  • From: "Dave Worley" <daveworley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:22:25 -0400

Check out the attachment.
Dave Worley
Rosedale, Va.

From: Brent H.
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:37 PM
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: juvenile Roseate Spoonbill in Hawkins County

Hello, I thought some of your members might be interested in the young
spoonbill I spotted at 7:45 this evening at the lake in Surgoinsville's Phipps
Bend Industrial Park.

From what I understand, this species is quite rare in our area. I enjoyed
watching this one as it foraged along the shoreline near the south end of the
lake. I was on the opposite side of the lake so the attached shot isn't very
sharp, but this guy was pretty easy to ID.

Kind regards,
Brent Harris, Kingsport

14:35:00