[Bristol-Birds] FOS TN Warbler, Cerulean, Worm-eating - Photos

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:56:29 -0400

Hi All,
Yesterday (Friday) was an extraordinary day for birds at my small yard stream,
considering that migration hasn't gotten into full swing yet. It started with a
striking male Cerulean that came to bathe. Then came a Blue-winged Warbler, a
molting Northern Parula that had no tail, a Cedar Waxwing, a pair of Indigo
Buntings, a pair of Orchard Orioles, a first year Baltimore Oriole, and a
Yellow-throated Warbler. Then of course there were the regulars.

The biggest surprise of the day was a Tennessee Warbler that came in to the
cool water. This is a new early date for that species in Buchanan County.
Previously the early date was August 22, set in 2005.

There was constant activity at the stream all day. I took several photos (good
one of the Cerulean), which can be seen at
http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/bathing_birds

Good Birding,

Roger Mayhorn
Compton Mt