[Bristol-Birds] Cooper's not seen; nice company cleans off our car and driveway !

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:08:14 -0400

Carolyn and I were thrilled this afternoon when
an Eastern Kentucky tree service company
arrived at our front door to give us an AARP/
Senior Citizen discount on tree removal and
storm clean up at our house.

They had seen our post on the internet.  Man
this cyber thing is wonderful.  How nice !

ACME Senior Citizen Protective Tree Service
promised to undercut any other quoted price
to clean our car off and get fallen limbs and
debris from our yard.

The two lovely young people, who work for the
new company, said the lowest quote their
company had seen for such cleanup was just
over $2,000.  They gave us a bargain basement
price of only $1,800.  In order to qualify, the
couple ask us to go to the bank and draw out
$1,750 in cash to secure their company with
earnest money.

After we paid them cash, Michele gave us a
business card.  You can count on them !

They will return on Friday to make sure the
we still want the job done.  After they clean
up our driveway and remove trees,  we will
owe them the balance of $50.

After we paid Michele Muney and Kevin Kash
the $1750, they agreed to just forget the
additional $50 and asked us to donate to a bird
and salamander research project.

Kevin thought we were so kind to have acted
in such good faith, that they jumped right in
and did all the work this afternoon.  How nice.

Michele wore the cutest work gloves with
little painted flowers on them.  Kevin had the
latest and hottest wrap-around sunglasses.

They cut everything out and cleaned up our
entire driveway, including removing the fallen
tree limbs off our Honda Accord and did it all
in just under three hours.

Isn't it nice that young people are so helpful
and watch out for senior citizens to keep us from
getting ripped off.  Even save us all kinds of
money.

Let's go birding......

JPEG image

JPEG image