[Bristol-Birds] Re: Black and orange birds - correction

  • From: dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:38:24 -0400

Whoops.  I made a location error on my posting last Friday.  Instead of
"Flatwoods Rd., Cherokee Natl. Forest, Carter Co., TN", i should have written
"Big Creek Rd, Cherokee Natl. Forest, Sullivan Co., TN" .  According to
Delormes TN Atlas, Big Creek Rd. is the Sullivan Co. section of the road
between Holston Mtn. Rd. (in Carter Co.) and Flatwoods Rd. (Sullivan Co.)

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 18:40:19 -0400
From: dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] Black and orange birds

Seems like each day has a different motif.  Today it was black and orange
birds....
     Flatwoods Rd., Cherokee Natl. Forest, Carter Co., TN
Ruby-throated Hummingbird - 1
Acadian Flycatcher - 3
Yellow-throated Vireo - 1
Swainson's Thrush - 1 (seen singing mid-day)
Wood Thrush - 2 (one singing along with Swainson's)
Black-throated Green Warbler - 3
Blackburnian Warbler - 1
Black-&-white Warbler - 4
American Redstart - 2 (one orange, one yellow, both singing)
Worm-eating Warbler - 2
Ovenbird - 9
Louisiana Waterthrush - 2 (pair, one of which carried leaves into an undercut
on
the roadbank, came out leafless, and did a closed-wing quiver)
Hooded Warbler - 8
Scarlet Tanager - 3

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN