[Bristol-Birds] Birders Excited as BBC Saturday Picnic nears (just days away) !!!!!!!!!

  • From: wwg <wwg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:38:24 -0400

It's "eatin' time" the Bristol Bird Club  way when our cooks put their best
offerings on the tables at the BBC Annual Picnic.   This is one of the area's
most anticipated, sizzling, summer, special events -- second only to the
NASCAR
Night Race At Bristol.
There's no better way to spend a great evening with your fellow birders and
friends than to kick back for the afternoon and enjoy the BBC's annual
picnic at
Steele Creek  Park in Bristol, Tennessee, Saturday, June 12.

We'll start gathering for fun, foolishness, fellowship and food at 3 p.m. and
some will even watch a bird or two from their lawn chairs.  Three o'clock is
when we have reservations for our shelter which is near the little train
tracks.

                 WEATHER FORCAST FOR SATURDAY
                     Better than last years !

Saturday:  Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in
the mid 80s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

The grill will fire by 5 p.m. and there will be plenty of "hot delights"
finger-licking good right off the grill.  The "hot delights" will change
somewhat this year with a new menu. Dinner is served at 6 p.m.  We are
expecting nearly 50 persons this year. We stay until 9 p.m., when the park
closes.

Remember that you pay $1.00 (one dollar) per car at the automated gate to
gain entrance to the park.  Everything else is free!!

The club provides the meat -- in addition to hamburgers and other special
meats.  Bring your lawnchairs, a couple of good dishes and your
own drinks.  The club provides napkins, cups, plates, forks and knives.

All regional birders, relatives and friends are invited to attend.  Persons
attending do not need to be a member of the Bristol Bird Club or even know who
we are.  We will meet you one way or another.  Don't be shy.  Just come on out
and walk right in.  We will take care of you with loving arms from the minute
you see our picnic shelter.

If you are not a member of the Bristol Bird Club,  just e-mail  Janice
Martin at
janice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  and tell her how many persons you plan to have in
your party.

If you bring children who need entertainment, bring toys for them or games or
balls, dolls, fishing gear, whatever it takes to make them happy.

Remember to bring your chairs and maybe a sweater or jacket for late-evening.

This is not an eat and run event.  This is a come and kickback and forget your
troubles evening.  It is a time to spend a lot of quality old-fashioned picnic
visiting with your birding friends and their neighbors.  Talk about your
birding or your vaction trips or vacation plans.  Chat about your children or
just remember good times with the BBC.

Bring a hunk or bring a doll.  Bring you mother-in-law !  Bring your sister
who
just got out of jail.  Bring your neighbors, Sunday school class friend or the
children who live across the street.  Bring your children or your
grandchildren.  Bring yourself and your spouse or your significant other ;-)
Bring your preacher or your teacher.  E-mail Janice Martin as soon as possible
and let her know how many you expect to have janice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Janice buys meats and supplies.  She needs a good feel for numbers.

Dress is very casual. Wear comfortable clothes, only Wallace will be in
formal attire.

See ya there Saturday......3 p.m. for fun and fellowship......6 p.m. for food.

My apologies to Wallace for plagiarizing last year's posting, but as usual,
he covered all the bases.

Bill Grigsby
Bristol Bird Club