[Bristol-Birds] Bald Eagles - Russell County, VA

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 05:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry for this late post. Saturday, 4-10, Laverne and I were walking at
Easterly Park in Lebanon when we saw an adult Bald Eagle circling just above
the ridge line. Peggy Herbert had called us week before last and told us she
had seen an adult Bald Eagle perched on Big Cedar Creek in Lebanon near the
trout farm. We also heard Louisiana Waterthrush and Yellow-throated Warbler.
After finishing our walk we went through Corn Valley and Elk Garden. Along Rich
Mountain I saw 2 more Bald Eagles and 1 Golden Eagle. Later in the day while
running errands I saw an Osprey near the Bonanza on Big Cedar Creek, It was
doing some fine dining on a 13 or 14 inch trout.

Tom
Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA