[Bristol-Birds] A Good Day In Kingsport

  • From: David Hunt <davidhunt7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:37:25 -0500

I had an excellent two hours of birding this morning around Kingsport, TN, five of them new birds for the year, two of them lifers (one of the great joys of being a beginner). I hit two locations, River Front Restaurant and Fort Henry Dam. Highlights were a Bald Eagle, a Spotted Sandpiper, and 3 Black-crowned Night Heron.

River Front Restaurant:

Mallard

Canadian Goose

Double-crested Cormorant

Spotted Sandpiper - lifer

Eastern Phoebe

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

Eastern Bluebird

Cardinal

Swamp Sparrow - lifer

Song Sparrow

Tufted Titmouse

Goldfinch

House Saparrow

Fort Patrick Henry Dam (above and below the dam)

Ring-billed Gull

Bald Eagle - Mature flying up the lake

Carolina Wren - feeding in the garbage can

Downy Woodpecker - pair foraging next to each other

White-breasted Nuthatch

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Eastern Bluebird

Cardinal