[Bristol-Birds] 2nd Annual Mendota Hawk Festival -- Saturday

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 21:25:02 -0400

The Second Annual Mendota Hawk Festival is being held this Saturday, October
2, (tomorrow), at the Mendota Community Center, Mendota, VA.  This is a
community fesitval sponsored by the citizens of the Mendota area.
The Bristol Bird Club will have a booth, participate in a program with Bays
Mountain staff on hawks and hawk migration; and lead three tours to the Mendota
Hawk Fire Tower, weather permitting. The tours leave the Community Center at
10:00, 2:00, and 4:00.

Transportation will be provided or you can drive up on your own.

Come early for a great country breakfast (8:30-10:00). Other activities
include antique, craft and flea market vendors, enviornmental & conservation
fair,
children's games, picking and grinning, applebutter making, country store,
grilled burgers and fixings, and storytelling.

If you would like to assist with this BBC endeavor, let me know. I plan to be
there around 8:00 a.m. to set up and have breakfast. You could help man our
booth or lead tours.

Come on over for a fun day!

Ron Harrington, Bristol, VA
Wallace Coffey, Bristol, TN