  From: misty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2010 10:14 AM
  Subject: [brandon's list] Re: Heavy Rain: What we can and can't do

   How in the hell have i been accusatory?  Go re-read your emails and get over
yourself yohandy.  I'm done with this discussion because it's clear you cannot
have a discussion without attacking people.  Your tone was discouraging to any
blind gamer and you specifically said that people wouldn't be able to get
beyond the mall part.  You're contradicting yourself now and trying to make me
look like something I'm not just because I challenge the general thinking of
blind gamers.  Do you not want freethinking people like me designing games for
you guys?  Who thinks about what you can or cannot do and pushes you a little
to do things that ARE possible if you journey outside the box?  You find a
person who actually considers what you guys can or cannot do and don't say for
one minute there's no way in hell I can do that.  I live with Brandon, I've
been around blind people since I was 15 years old.  You wanna go ahead and
attack me for trying to help people to tell them not to listen to your drivel
when you yourself have not put up any facts and still have not put up any facts
to tell anyone how this game is playable only examples of where you think it
isn't.  You've brought nothing to the table but negativity.  Thus proving my
point.  Now enjoy yourself and have a good day.  I'm gonna go back to working
on my new site for my online wrestling federation that is accessible to the
blind.

  What Brandon says holds true here.  I was trying to help and I will not pay
attention to someone who throws bullshit insults at me instead of giving me and
everyone else on this list facts.  I've given examples and I've given examples
of my own struggles as a sighted gamer to show it's not a cup of tea gaming for
us either.  You made this an unnecessary arguement by saying I was proving your
point when I wasn't at all.  Your stance from the get go has been buyer beware
just as Mike said in an earlier email.  I don't believe in buyer beware in a
game that's failproof and you're trying to make it look like I'm wrong for it.
So really who looks stupid here? Me or you?  Bring me facts about how I'm
missguided yohandy regarding the topic of discussion HEAVY RAIN.  Don't go
babbling to me about mario or any other game you've played.  If you think I'm
arrogant then you don't really know me.  If I'm arrogant for supporting
brandon's reasoning behind this site and wanting to push for blind gaming to be
creative and for people to really put forth effort and not just play it a
handfull of times and then deem it not playable then fine I'm arrogant and I'll
take that title proudly.  The people who know me on this list know better.

  I'm leaving it at that.  There's nothing more to say but just so people get
clearly what my point was amongst all this stupid argueing caused by you.  I'll
once again say that heavy rain is playable and I believe that whole heartedly
but only if you're a determined gamer.  You want a cakewalk? Find it elsewhere.
        From: "Yohandy" <yohandy85@xxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Sun, March 07, 2010 12:30 am
        To: <brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        and you continue with your assumptions. you keep saying I think this
and I think that. I don't think anything! you're the one assuming all this
stuff from a random internet stranger you will never meet. how would you know
if I'm letting people beat the games for me? you came over to my house and
checked that out? I don't think so! you say I'm not happy about heavy rain?
wrong again. I really could care less what you think my gaming accomplishments
are, I know what I've done and haven't done. I won't even bother discussing it
here though. in fact I don't even know why I bother writing this email. you
strike me as one of these people that are stubborn to the last, and will do
anything to try and prove their point, even if their point is completely off.
Your random assumptions aren't helping at all, they're just making me quite
annoyed. Let's see... you're gonna take some time off your extremely busy
schedule to reply with more accusations?

            From: "Yohandy" <yohandy85@xxxxxxxxx>
            Date: Sat, March 06, 2010 9:14 pm
            To: <brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

            Uh, I never said not to try. you accused me of a few things I never
even hinted at let alone said. I actually consider myself a pretty hardcore
gamer. I've gotten MK vs DC and SF 4 platinums, and I'm real close to getting
platinums on rock band 2 and lego rock band. I would never tell people to give
up on a game, because I don't do it myself. In fact I get a thrill if I do
something I consider insane and succeed. I was just pointing out the facts, and
letting people know that it wouldn't be easy. I don't want people buying heavy
rain thinking oh I'm gonna get this game, and easily beat it. people won't
easily complete this game, and I'm not gonna claim otherwise and get people's
hopes up, and if they happen to suck at it I'll be blamed for the purchase.
it'll take lots of work and motivation. do you think I'd preorder the game a
month in advanced and have it delivered on release day if I was a person who
gave up on things? course not. I knew exactly what I was getting into. already
someone has purchased the game and hasn't played it much, and I sorta feel
responsible for letting them know about HR and having them spend money on it
cause I couldn't shut up about the game. I've spoken to Brandon on MSN
previously. ask him if he thinks I'm the type of gamer to give up on games. You
really shouldn't assume things so quickly, it's rather insulting.
                From: "Yohandy" <yohandy85@xxxxxxxxx>
                Date: Sat, March 06, 2010 3:04 pm
                To: <brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                Misty, you just proved my point. if finding Jason was tough for
you, imagine for a totally blind person? like you said there are a whole mess
of people in that mall. we'll just end up walking around endlessly and he'll
desperately keep searching till we get frustrated and turn off the game or
happen to find him randomly. in this situation, the game will not continue even
if you walk around all day. Jason will just patiently wait for you to find him
before the game triggers the next scene. there are many sections like this
where time won't pass unless you do what the game demands you do. A walkthrough
for this game     wouldn't be particularly hard to make, except for writing up
those walking parts. trials will be pretty tough as well. rest is just
basically lists of possible options. it'll be time consuming though!

                    From: "Yohandy" <yohandy85@xxxxxxxxx>
                    Date: Sat, March 06, 2010 1:49 pm
                    To: <brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                    Misty,
                    Your point is a good one for the most part, but the game
won't continue in certain situations. for instance the mall scene is one of
many where you need to walk around to find what you need to find. lol trying to
not spoil things is hard work. haha. anyway if you just choose to stand there,
nothing will happen. if it's a button sequence you're dealing with and you
press nothing, an undesirable result will most likely occur that you'll end up
regretting later on. if you press a wrong button, it'll have the same
consequences. this game isn't made in such a way that you can just guess what
to do, you have to know what you're doing. I appreciate that you're trying to
help, but we gotta face facts. we'd all love to play this game independently,
but unless a good faq comes out, I doubt we'll be too successful by simply
guessing. I'm just grateful I have people here that can help. not everyone does.

                        From: Søren_Jensen <slj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                        Date: Sat, March 06, 2010 9:19 am
                        To: brandonslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                        Okay. So you're saying this game is playable if you
have a great walkthrough and if you take your time to figure it all out? I
don't have any people who can help me accept for one of my friends who love
games, but he's not here all the time.
                        Best regards
                        Søren Jensen
                        Mail & MSN:
                        slj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Website:
                        http://www.coolfortheblind.dk/

                        Den Mar 5, 2010 kl. 8:00 PM skrev
misty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

                          Okay let me clarify here.  This game is not
unplayable it's not beyond the realm of being playable for you guys.  If you
find a FAQ with all the button combos they do not change.  As for the timings
you would have to figure those out on your own as per usual with these things.
It's not like you'll be stuck people.  This game plays on regardless of what
happens you will never be stuck.  You will need help but I don't think it goes
beyond anything other than finding an FAQ.  If a guy can get help playing
legend of zelda which is way harder than the stuff you have to do in heavy
rain, i would say this would be a cakewalk.  I've been helping brandon play
parts of heavy rain I've even failed at parts in heavy rain such as the drawing
of the sketch in the first chapter.  Some doors I can't open so I have brandon
do it for me.  Come on people be open minded and actually try here.  Make an
effort.