[brailleblaster] Re: [liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Test Driven Development (Design)

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 19:55:54 -0600

I agree actually.  I always thought unit tests were written by developers to
test not just the whole program, but submodules.  The programmer has some
idea of what code is likely to break and hence can write the tests that
apply.  Having an independent tester writing additional tests can catch the
bugs that the developers didn't foresee -- either within a module or
interaction between modules.  That is why unit tests are written by the
developers and the general stress tests are done independently by someone
else.
Hmm.  I never did have time to read the TDD article. Does that stand for
test driven development? If so, I think it applies to brailleblaster.
--le