[brailleblaster] Re: We need a reliable procedure for compiling C libraries for all platforms.

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:06:56 -0600

Hi John -- I thought I'd be doing windows, although if you find someone more
experienced with windows requirements, I understand it might take less time.
This project has been helpful to me in learning tech details that I didn't
know before.  I have MSYS and MinGW on my machine for building your C
library, and I also have cygwin as a potentially better environment.
My question is, how does java fit into an environment like cygwin? I tried
compiling a java file using javac in cygwin and had it fail -- but I don't
know yet what version of java cygwin is using. It isn't calling my windows
installation of javac.  So I think I need to go to the cygwin site and see
if they have jdk6 for download.

I'm still waiting for comments on the files I sent yesterday.
Take care.
--le