[brailleblaster] We need a reliable procedure for compiling C libraries for all platforms.

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:38:55 -0600

Before we can implement subcommands like emboss we must have a reliable
procedure for compiling C and C++ libraries for all platforms. While we
figure this out, I can also decide how to designate the embossers on
various platforms.

You will see in my draftbb3.zip file which I sent last week that there
is a bin directory with varrious subdirectories for command-line tools,
libraries and "shared" files and documents. This wilol make it possible
for liblouis and liblouuisutdml to find their tawbles and files
automatically. Additional C libraries should be put in the lib
subdirectory.

We must also be ab le to quickly compile things for all platforms when
new releases are made.

Once we have such compilations and the Java code to handle subcommands
we can release BrailleBlaster for both this list and the
libllouis-liblouisxml list. There have been several examples of user
frustration in trying to compile source code. The BrailleBlaster release
will contain the binaries in the bin directory.

John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
Madison, WI USA