[brailleblaster] Re: ViewPlus Technologies Tiger Cub (Legacy Mode) Approved to work with Mac OS X and Most Linux Distros Using CUPS

  • From: "John Gardner" <john.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:04:20 -0800

Hello Alex, I'm happy to hear that.  For information of all, ViewPlus
embossers will assume "legacy" mode if they do not get a valid header that
is normally sent by a ViewPlus printer driver.  There may also be some
garbage-collection done to take care of spurious stuff sent on occasion by
some computers before the valid data starts.  This could have been the
reason you did not make it work initially.  Glad it works now.

"Legacy" mode is what regular embossers accept - such as BRF files.
ViewPlus documentation includes definitions of escape characters needed to
change parameters, but the easy way to do that is through the Tiger tab of
its Windows printer driver.  One can do 10 dpi legacy graphics in legacy
mode but not high resolution Tiger graphics.

John G