[brailleblaster] Re: Using Browser Technology

Alex,

That would be interesting. I don't think we can use it directly. We can
already produce braille from html5. What I am working on is displaying
the documents and editing them.

John

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 07:45:42PM -0700, Alex Jurgensen wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I think that the iDots Project that my company is developing may fit the
> ticket.
>
> I can send you the API docs when I have a chance.
>
> iDots is a system for formatting Braille that comes from H?TML5 documents.
>
> Regards,
> Alex,
>

> On 2011-11-02, at 3:21 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
>
> > The first part of processing a document in BrailleBlaster is to render
> > it. For this, an adaptation of browser technology, including css
> > stylesheets, should be useful. I've looked at various classes that
> > process html documents, and I've noted that they don't identify an
> > elemennt by name, for example, Element.name.equals("body") How are
> > elements identified?
> >
> > John
> >
> > --
> > John J. Boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
> > Abilitiessoft, Inc.
> > http://www.abilitiessoft.com
> > Madison, Wisconsin USA
> > Developing software for people with disabilities

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA