[brailleblaster] Re: Thoughts on the Specification

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:35:05 +0000

My point was, I have not had the need to read daisy documents, I haven't read a
daisy document therefore I have nothing to read such documents. Now there are
two solutions should BrailleBlaster documents be only in daisy: I need to go
and find out about a daisy reader get it and learn how to use it (quite a bit
of work just to read some help). Now as you point out by having BrailleBlaster
I would have something to read daisy documents, however you possibly end up
with a circular problem, I have a problem with BrailleBlaster therefore want to
read help, but to read help I need to use BrailleBlaster which is what I would
have the problem with.

Using HTML would be using the browser the user uses to browse the internet,
therefore they would be familiar with how to use the software to read help and
all platforms would have a viewer by default.

I am not saying don't include a daisy version of help, but I feel the default
help people would refer to would be in html.

Michael Whapples