[brailleblaster] Re: MDI, Localization, etc.

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 13:52:46 +0000

I think we should be looking at internationalisation from the beginning, java has the stuff right there so use it. Here is a link to the Oracle tutorial on this matter http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/i18n/index.html.

As for MDI, I don't know whether its really wanted or not, there's no clear use case been put forward to suggest it is a requirement. However I do feel there is no harm in making the design allow for it in the future rather than having a design which will prevent it being a possibility.

Michael Whapples
On 01/12/10 10:49, John J. Boyer wrote:
I just reviewed the specification, and I don't see any mention of MDI.
Do we want to include this capability. If so, we should plan for it now.

Likewise, we should plan for localization. The design should include at
least stubs to implement localization when we are ready.

It would be nice to have a list of recent documents as part of the file
menu. This should not be hard to implement.