[brailleblaster] Re: Latest News

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 11:51:02 -0500

Chris,

You have some good points. See my reply to the previous message for some
clarification.

Inserting blank lines to keep the two views synchronized will cause
extra complications and will probably generate bugs and user
dissatisfaction. It would be much better to enable the user to unlock
scrolling, then lock it again. This is actually simpler than dealing
with blank lines that are inserted just to keep the two views lined up.

As I stated, After translation the Daisy view will show the print
corresponding to each line of Braille. It will not show multiple braille
lines for a print line. Word wrap should be turned on. That is what
people expect. They also expect to be able to turn it off. We will have
to give them a means for doing so. This will not be hard.

John B.