[brailleblaster] Re: Does the VP Tiger Do Double-Sided embossing?

  • From: "John Gardner" <john.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:02:36 -0800

Yes Alex, that's right.  After embossing the odd pages, you take the pages
(done on fan-fold tractor feed paper) and put them back onto the input
tractor after turning the stack of pages  over.  Hardly worthwhile for one
or two sheets but fine for large documents.

The ViewPlus Premier and Elite embossers do simultaneous interpoint, so you
don't need to turn the pages over.  In legacy mode there is a escape
sequence that is used to tell the embosser whether to emboss single or
double sided.  One can even do ink printing in legacy mode, a feature
requested to support advanced note-taker features.  Truthfully I don't know
whether any note-takers support ink at this point however.  The Windows
printer driver and the TSS application do support ink.

But of course the Premier is a bit more expensive than the Cub Jr, and
equipping it with the Ink Connect is an additional cost too.

Be well.

John G