[brailleblaster] BrailleBlaster Directory

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:48:08 -0600

Here is what I think should be in the base brailleblaster directory. How
will it fit in a Mac app bundle? It should be fine for Windows and
Linux.

The directory is called brailleblaster it contains:

LICENSE: a file
COPYRIGHT: a file
README: a file
brailleblaster.jar: The main course
brailleblaster.sh: startup script for Linux and Mac
brailleblaster.bat: startup script for Windows
lib: a directory containing jar files such as swt.jar
bin: a directory containing C and C++ commands and libraries

The bin directory in turn contains the following subdirectories:

bin: command line tools such as file2brl
lib: Libraries such as liblouis and liblouisutdml
share: Files and documentation for various libraries

liblouis and liblouisutdml should be compiled with the --prefix option
of configure set to xxx/brailleblaster/bin where xxx is the path to the
brailleblaster directory. I'm not sure what happens if this path
changes. We will have to work that out. The make and make install
commands will produce other directories within brailleblaster/bin, but
these can be deleted.

Now that my server is completely back in business, i will try to push my
code to the BrailleBlaster repository. It will contain the source,  of
course. The bin and lib directories will be empty except for README
files.