[brailleblaster] Re: 32-bit Windows BrailleBlaster now on site

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 16:45:00 +0200

Ok, I see :)

On 6/10/2011 16:39, John J. Boyer wrote:
Bert,

I should have made these limitations clear. The Daisy and Braille views
are very crude. They are intended to display only the first part of a
file. If I attempt to put the whole file into a StyledText widget using
the append method, there is a long delay and nothing is inserted.
Editing is moot until i figure out how to connect the views with tags in
the underlying xml. I'm thinking of implementing the ContentModel and
StyleRange in the SwT custom package.

John

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 04:17:16PM +0200, Bert Frees wrote:
Some other remarks:

- The DAISY view is incomplete: I can see only the first part of the
document.
- The Braille view is incomplete too: only the first page is displayed.
- If you open a DAISY file twice, or if you translate multiple times,
the new text is concatenated with the text that is already there in the
DAISY or Braille views.
- I can edit the text in the DAISY view, but this doesn't have any
effect on the Braille translation.
- I can edit the Braille, but I can not save these changes in a BRF file.

Regards,
Bert

On 6/10/2011 15:56, John J. Boyer wrote:
I've just been typing in the complete path name for Daisy files in the
file dialog. There are some problems with it.

John

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 03:44:41PM +0200, Bert Frees wrote:
I can't seem to open any DAISY files. The filechooser window simply
lists no xml files.

Also, the command to run BrailleBlaster: *java -jar
path\to\brailleblaster.jar* only works when your current directory is
the installation folder itself. Otherwise, the exception
"java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no liblouisutdml in java.library.path"
is thrown.

Regards,
Bert

On 6/10/2011 14:16, John J. Boyer wrote:
A big thank-you to Vic Beckley. He has put in a lot of time trying
various things and has found several problems. If you have been waiting
for a 32-bit windows build you can now get it at
http://www.brailleblaster.org

If you open a file you may have to tab around until you get back to the
BrailleBlaster window, then re-enter it. Opening a file changes the
window title. That seems to freeze the editing and arrow keys until the
window is re-entered. There will probably be different results with
different screenreaders.

Please put the results of your testing on the list.

Please check that the items in the help menu do in fact open in your
default browser. Thanks to Chris von See for the information that
enabled me to implement the help menu completely.