[botswanapredatorforum] Re: caracal and black backed jackal numbers

Hi Lorraine,
I¹m asking our guides in Selinda and Duba if they record jackals (I sort of
hope not because that will indicate that wildlife sighting have gone down)
but they will certainly have recorded caracal. We can call those up (over a
17 year period) and get some kind of indication (albeit very lose) of
frequency of sightings and you¹d have to then somehow determine if that is
linked to density (or habituation.)
Not sure it will be helpful.
All the best
Dereck