[botswanapredatorforum] Re: caracal and black backed jackal numbers

Hi Lorraine

As you know I did a density estimate of jackal in the Ghanzi area using camera trap data and occupancy modelling, but I didn't get enough images of caracal to do the same for them - although they were present in all three of the surveys I did.

Best

Vivien

On 23/02/2012 13:30, Lorraine Boast wrote:
Hi all,
Would anyone have rough estimates of caracal and black backed jackal numbers in Botswana. Are there any official figures?
Thanks
Lorraine
Lorraine Boast
PhD student
Department of Zoology, University of Cape Town
+255 (0) 773833237

--

Vivien Kent, MSc (Oxon), PhD (Dunelm)

Wildlife Biologist and Photographer