[botswanapredatorforum] Re: caracal and black backed jackal numbers

  • From: Vivien Kent <vivien.kent@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: botswanapredatorforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 09:17:01 +0000

Hi Lorraine

As you know I did a density estimate of jackal in the Ghanzi area using camera trap data and occupancy modelling, but I didn't get enough images of caracal to do the same for them - although they were present in all three of the surveys I did.

On 23/02/2012 13:30, Lorraine Boast wrote:
Hi all,
Would anyone have rough estimates of caracal and black backed jackal numbers in Botswana. Are there any official figures?
Lorraine Boast
PhD student
Department of Zoology, University of Cape Town
+255 (0) 773833237

Vivien Kent, MSc (Oxon), PhD (Dunelm)

Wildlife Biologist and Photographer

Email: vivien.kent@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:vivien.kent@xxxxxxxxx>