From: botswanapredatorforum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:botswanapredatorforum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christiaan
Winterbach
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 10:30 AM
To: botswanapredatorforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [botswanapredatorforum] Re: caracal and black backed jackal numbers

Hi Lorraine
I'm not aware of any density estimates  for jackal or caracal. In our
study area in the delta we had 2 caracal sightings in 10 years.

On a landscape level bb jackal and caracal densities may vary
considerably, depending on mesopredator release and potentially other
factors as well.

regards
Christiaan